This recipe uses the same ingredients (except the salad dressing) and puts it in a fancy-shcmancy roll. It also makes the whole dish pretty mushy and wet. I'll be going back to the casserole version.
Recipe from: Kraft Food and Family
1 can Italian Diced Tomatoes
1 1/4 c Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
1/4 c Fresh Basil (chopped)
1 box Stuffing Mix
2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - I used 2 large breasts
1/2 c Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Salad Dressing (Kraft, since it's their recipe)
- Combine tomatoes, 1/2 c cheese, basil, and stuffing mix. Stir until moistened.
- Using meat mallet, pound chicken breasts to 1/4" thick. (Wrap in plastic wrap to minimize mess.)
- Spread filling mixture evenly over chicken pieces.
- Roll chicken tightly and place seam-down in 13"x9" casserole dish. Drizzle evenly with dressing.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350. Sprinkle chicken with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.